Community is the foundation for success.
Magnify your involvement
St. Mary’s is an active community of parents who support the school and meet the needs of the school community. There are many opportunities to volunteer, meet fellow parents, and be involved.
To volunteer at SMA and work with students, The Archdiocese of Atlanta requires all parents to be VIRTUS trained and background checked. The process is quite easy and lasts for five years. Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this page to sign up for a class near you. Once you are trained, you will be permitted to enter the building during school hours and participate in the many wonderful ministries and volunteer opportunities SMA offers.
Please click the button below and follow the instructions to create an account and register.
A summarized version of the registration steps is listed below:
1. Go to https://www.virtusonline.org/virtus/
2. Click on Registration
3. Select Begin the Registration Process
4. Select Atlanta, GA (Archdiocese) from the drop-down menu
5. Create User ID and password – Do not use a shared email address
6. Complete personal information
7. Select a primary location: ie St. Mary’s Academy or your home parish
8. If you do not set St Mary’s Academy as your primary location let us know you are involved with more than one location
9. Select a Protecting God’s Children session from the list
If you have already attended a VIRTUS Protecting God’s Children training session in another diocese within the last 10 years, you will not be required to retake it since VIRTUS training records are transferrable within dioceses in the United States. However, you may be required to attend and/or complete a refresher course depending on the date of your last VIRTUS training.
To transfer your VIRTUS account, please contact VIRTUS at 888-847-8870 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.